George Mason University
4400 University Drive, MS: 3F2
Exploratory Hall, room 4201
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
E-mail: hantil [at] gmu.edu
- co-Founder and co-Editor in Chief of Advances in Discrete and Continuous Models (since June 2021)
- Associate Editor of SIAM Reviews (SIREV) (since January 2021)
- Gene Golub SIAM Summer School Committee (since January 2021)
- Associate Editor of Mathematical Control and Related Fields (MCRF) (since January 2019)
- Research Fellow at ICERM,
Brown University (Fall 2020).
- Affiliate Associate Professor, Mathematical Sciences, University of Delaware (2019-Current)
- Visiting Professor, Department of Mathematics, Iowa State University (2016-17)
Curriculum Vitae (.pdf)
For more details and research interests Research and Funding
- Deepanshu Verma successfully defends his PhD thesis titled "Optimal Control Problems Constrained by Fractional PDEs and Applications to Deep Neural Networks". Congratulations Deepanshu. May 2021.
- Deepanshu Verma wins the prestigious internship at Lawerence Livermore National Laboratory for Summer 2021. He will be working with Dr. Boyan Lazarov.
- East Coast Optimization Meeting (ECOM) 2021 (co-organizer and chair). April 1-2, 2021.
Theme: Optimization for Machine Learning.
- Deepanshu Verma will be a Distinguished Visiting Assistant Professor starting August 2021 at Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Emory University. He will work in the group of Lars Ruthotto . Congratulations Deepanshu.
- H. Antil joins the prestigious Gene Golub SIAM Summer School (January 2021).
- H. Antil joins the editorial board of SIAM Reviews (January 2021).
- Deepanshu Verma is the recipient of Dean's Graduate Award for Excellence for 2019-2020 Academic Year at George Mason University.
- H. Antil is the recipient of George Mason's 2020 Career Connection Faculty Award .
- Ratna Khatri joins the US Naval Research Lab as a Research Scientist. May 2020.
- Kiefer Green wins the pretigious Givens Associate Fellowship at Argonne National Lab.
- Sayas Numerics Day 2020. May 9, 2020
- East Coast Optimization Meeting (ECOM) 2020 (co-organizer and chair). April 2-3, 2020.
Theme: Optimization for Machine Learning. (Canceled due to COVID)
- East Coast Optimization Meeting (ECOM) 2019 (co-organizer and chair). April 4-5, 2019.
Theme: Stochastic Optimization.
- Plenary talk at Annual Meeting of the DFG Priority Programme 1962.
Berlin, Germany. October 1-3, 2018.
- Lucas Bouck wins 2018 Prestigious NSF Graduate Research Fellowships Program (GRFP) Fellowship. Congratulations!
- Co-organizer (and chair) and teacher of Winter School: New Directions in PDE-Constrained Optimization.
IIT Bombay, India. March 12-16, 2018.
- New Software. Greedy algorithm for building application-specific basis, empirical interpolants and reduced order quadrature rules. Release date: November 02, 2017.
- Summer school teacher. Topic: Optimal Control of Fractional PDEs.
Technical University Munich, Germany, August 7-11, 2017.
- Teacher, co-organizer, mentor at Mason Modeling Days. Topic: Image Denoising.
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, June 28-July 1, 2017.
- Co-organizer (co-chair) of Nonlocal School on Fractional Equations: NSFE 2017. August 17-19, 2017.
- 2016 Mason Emerging Researcher/Scholar/Creator Award finalist.
- Co-organizer (chair) and teacher of workshop and summer school on Frontiers of PDE Constrained Optimization at IMA, Minnespolis. June 6-10, 2016.
- Co-organizer (chair) of DeLMar Numerics Day. May 14, 2016.
- 2015 Dean's Award for Early-Career Excellence at George Mason University.
- Summer school teacher Ciudad Real Numerica 2015. Topic: Numerical Methods for Optimal Control Problems.
Ciudad Real, Spain.
- Organizer (chair) of Finite Element Circus. March 27-28, 2015.
- Plenary talk on Control of Free Boundary Problems at Chateau Liblice, Czech Republic, September 2014.
- Plenary talk on Optimization and Model Reduction of Time Dependent PDE-Constrained Optimization
Problems. Ascona, Switzerland, September 2013.
- H. Antil and Rainald Loehner's project on "simulations of air flows to understand, minimize, and suppress the spread of pathogens such as COVID-19" has been chosen by NSF as Research Highlight.
- The New York Times has published our study on viral particles propagation in Subway. See also our related publication Detailed Simulation of Viral Propagation In The Built Environment .
Computational Mechanics (2020).
- Review of our book Frontiers in PDE Constrained Optimization .
SIAM Review. Volume 61, Issue 4, pp. 903. Year, 2019.
- LIGO and Gravitational Waves (GWs). Our work on
Reduced Order Quadrature
is playing a crucial role at
Advanced LIGO in detecting GWs . The lead LIGO scientists
on GWs won 2017 Nobel Prize for Physics.
- PDE Constrained Optimization. Frontiers in PDE Constrained Optimization (Page 11).