- Math 213 Fall 2016
- Math 677 Fall 2016
- Math 114 Multivariable Calculus Spring 2015
- Math 493 Mathematics of 3D Printing Spring 2015
- Math 478 Partial Differential Equations
- Math 475 Linear Analysis
- (A complete list is on my CV.)
Undergraduate Research in Computational Mathematics:
The EXTREEMS Program is a current program for undergraduate research in computational math, starting in 2015.
The Undergraduate Research in Computational Mathematics (URCM) program was an NSF-funded CSUMS program, finishing in 2013. For further information, see the URCM website. If you are a GMU math major interested in computation, consider applying for our EXTREEMS program which begins Spring 2015.
- Some news articles on the prizes won by students in the program:
- GMU-WM Joint Workshop on Undergraduate Research in Computational Math: GMU 2008, WM 2009, GMU 2010, WM 2011, Joint also with GWU in 2012.
The Department of Mathematical Sciences at GMU has periodically run an NSF-funded Research Experience for Undergraduates program. There is close interaction between URCM students and REU students. See the GMU REU website for more information.
- Robert Allen, undergraduate senior thesis, "Turing instabilities and spatial pattern formation in one dimension," 2002-03. PhD, 2009. Currently an assistant professor, mathematics, University of Wisconsin, La Crosse.
- Tyler White, undergraduate senior thesis, "A neurological model for shell pattern formation," 2005-06. Just finished a PhD, mathematics, George Washington University.
- Hanein Edrees and John Price, "Phase separation dynamics in multi-component alloys," URCM program, joint with Thomas Wanner, 2007-08. This work is a portion of a published paper. H.E. is now a medical student, Georgetown University.
- Colleen Ackermann (Virginia Tech) and William Hardesty (UMBC), "Nucleation and spinodal decomposition in ternary-component alloys" (see paper), REU program, joint with Thomas Wanner, 2009. Currently a senior, VA Tech.
- James O'Beirne, URCM program, joint with Thomas Wanner, 2009-2010.
- Olga Stulov (SUNY-New Palz), REU program, joint with Thomas Wanner, 2010.
- Ian Johnson, URCM program, joint with Thomas Wanner, 2010-2011. A paper on this work appeared in DCDS-A.
- Nima Namazi, URCM program, joint with Thomas Wanner and Tom Stephens, 2013-14.
- James Trichilo, EXTREEMS program, joint with Thomas Wanner, 2015-16.
- Harout Boujakjian, Kathleen McClain, Conor Nelson, MEGL program, 2016.
- Karen Crossin, Masters Project, 2003. Now a lecturer, mathematics, GMU.
- Anne Costolanski, Masters Thesis, "Explosion points in skew maps." The thesis received the department's outstanding graduate student award, 2007. Current PhD student, NC State.
- Vanessa Little, Masters Project, 2011.
- Richard Tatum, “Analysis of a reaction-diffusion system with local and nonlocal diffusion terms” July 2010. (Photo at right shows Richard Tatum at his defense with committee Evelyn Sander, David Walnut, and Tom Wanner. Committee member John Wallin is not shown.)
- Michael Crone, “Dynamics of harvested resources, with emphasis on commercially exploited fisheries” Math, January 9, 2015.
- Robert Reznick, “Electric Field Effects On Single And Small Networks Of Neurons, ” January 20, 2016.
- Vandana Saini, Current, Math.