- Pendulum Gyrations, Meanderings of attractor basins for the forced damped pendulum, 2014, by Evelyn Sander and Jim Yorke.
- Homoclinic Bifurcation in the Henon Map, 2015, by Evelyn Sander.
- Nucleation, 2010, by Thomas Wanner. Views from our paper on the nature of phase separation in ternary alloys.
- Spinodal Decomposition,
2008, by Thomas Wanner. An mesoscopic view of a metal alloy as it
undergoes phase separation. In a series of papers, we have been able to
give an explanation for the nature of the early pattern formation.
- A Three-Dimensional Explosion, 2007. Watch as the movie's attractive star undergoes an drastic unstable event leading to new depth of character.
- Synchronization Sets in Drive-Response Systems, 2003. In which a loop of synchrony turns into a zigzag, available from the SIAM DSWeb Picture Gallery.
- Spinodal Decomposition, 1999. Binary alloys forming in glorious color.
- The Arnold Cat Map Movie, 1998. Starring Marlowe the Cat (see glamour shot below). Watch the star become very mixed up.
- The Arnold Clown Map Movie, 1998. Sequel to the Arnold Cat Map Movie. It is the same map, different main actor, different embedding.
- New Tangencies Form From Old Intersections,
1998. A sequel to Creation of a Homoclinic Tangle. This is a quick
dynamical flick also known as The Lambda Lemma in Action. A narcissistic
tale of a manifold becoming attracted to itself as a result of crossing
the path of another manifold. (PG-13)
- Creation of the Homoclinic Tangle, 1998. This movie is quite chaotic in parts, but there is some subtle character development.