Department of Mathematical Sciences
George Mason University
4400 University Drive, MS: 3F2
Exploratory Hall, room 4201
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone: (703) 993-5086
Fax: (703) 993-1491
E-mail: hantil [at] gmu.edu
Current Funding and Research Interests
- National Science Foundation (NSF) DMS - 1521590
- Sandia National Laboratories
PDE constrained optimization (optimal control, shape optimization), optimization under uncertainity,
nonlocal/fractional PDEs, free boundary problems, numerical methods for PDEs (domain decomposition,
multilevel methods), large scale data analysis, model reduction (proper orthogonal decomposition,
For more details see research .
Curriculum Vitae (.pdf)
- Lucas Bouck wins 2018 Prestigious NSF Graduate Research Fellowships Program (GRFP) Fellowship. Congratulations!
- Co-organizer (and chair) and teacher of Winter School: New Directions in PDE-Constrained Optimization.
IIT Bombay, India. March 12-16, 2018.
- New Software. Greedy algorithm for building application-specific basis, empirical interpolants and reduced order quadrature rules. Release date: November 02, 2017.
- Summer school teacher. Topic: Optimal Control of Fractional PDEs.
Technical University Munich, Germany, August 7-11, 2017.
- Teacher, co-organizer, mentor at Mason Modeling Days. Topic: Image Denoising.
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, June 28-July 1, 2017.
- Co-organizer (co-chair) of Nonlocal School on Fractional Equations: NSFE 2017. August 17-19, 2017.
- 2016 Mason Emerging Researcher/Scholar/Creator Award finalist.
- Co-organizer (chair) and teacher of workshop and summer school on Frontiers of PDE Constrained Optimization at IMA, Minnespolis. June 6-10, 2016.
- Co-organizer (chair) of DeLMar Numerics Day. May 14, 2016.
- 2015 Dean's Award for Early-Career Excellence at George Mason University.
- Summer school teacher Ciudad Real Numerica 2015. Topic: Numerical Methods for Optimal Control Problems.
Ciudad Real, Spain.
- Organizer (chair) of Finite Element Circus. March 27-28, 2015.
- Plenary talk on Control of Free Boundary Problems at Chateau Liblice, Czech Republic, September 2014.
- Plenary talk on Optimization and Model Reduction of Time Dependent PDE-Constrained Optimization
Problems. Ascona, Switzerland, September 2013.