of Mathematical Sciences
George Mason University
PDE constrained optimization (optimal control, shape optimization), free boundary problems, nonlocal PDEs, numerical methods for PDEs (domain decomposition, multilevel methods), large scale data analysis, model reduction (proper orthogonal decomposition, reduced basis).
For a detailed description visit
Curriculum Vitae (.pdf)
- New Software. Greedy algorithm for building application-specific basis, empirical interpolants and reduced order quadrature rules. Release date: November 02, 2017.
- Co-organizer and teacher of Winter School: New Directions in PDE-Constrained Optimization.
IIT Bombay, India. March 12-16, 2018.
- Summer school teacher. Topic: Optimal Control of Fractional PDEs.
Technical University Munich, Germany, August 7-11, 2017.
- Teacher, co-organizer, mentor at Mason Modeling Days. Topic: Image Denoising.
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, June 28-July 1, 2017.
- Co-organizer (co-chair) of Nonlocal School on Fractional Equations: NSFE 2017. August 17-19, 2017.
- 2016 Mason Emerging Researcher/Scholar/Creator Award finalist.
- Co-organizer (and teacher) of workshop and summer school on Frontiers of PDE Constrained Optimization at IMA, Minnespolis. June 6-10, 2016.
- Co-organizer (chair) of DeLMar Numerics Day. May 14, 2016.
- 2015 Dean's Award for Early-Career Excellence at George Mason University.
- Summer school teacher Ciudad Real Numerica 2015. Topic: Numerical Methods for Optimal Control Problems.
Ciudad Real, Spain.
- Organizer (chair) of Finite Element Circus. March 27-28, 2015.
- Plenary talk on Control of Free Boundary Problems at Chateau Liblice, Czech Republic, September 2014.
- Plenary talk on Optimization and Model Reduction of Time Dependent PDE-Constrained Optimization
Problems. Ascona, Switzerland, September 2013.
Department of Mathematical Sciences
4400 University Drive, MS: 3F2
Exploratory Hall, room 4201
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Fax: (703) 993-1491
E-mail: hantil [at] gmu.edu