of Mathematical Sciences
George Mason University
PDE constrained optimization (optimal control, shape optimization), free boundary problems, nonlocal PDEs, numerical methods for PDEs (domain decomposition, multilevel methods), model reduction (proper orthogonal decomposition, reduced basis).
For a detailed description visit
Curriculum Vitae (.pdf)
- Co-organizer and teacher of Winter School: New Directions in PDE-Constrained Optimization.
Shiv Nadar University, India. 2018.
- Summer school teacher. Topic: Optimal Control of Fractional PDEs.
Technical University Munich, Germany, August 7-11, 2017.
- Teacher, mentor at Mason Modeling Days. Topic: Image Denoising.
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, June 28-July 1, 2017.
- Co-organizer of Nonlocal School on Fractional Equations: NSFE 2017. August 17-19, 2017.
- 2016 Mason Emerging Researcher/Scholar/Creator Award finalist.
- Co-organizer (and teacher) of workshop and summer school on Frontiers of PDE Constrained Optimization at IMA, Minnespolis. June 6-10, 2016.
- Co-organizer of DeLMar Numerics Day. May 14, 2016.
- 2015 Dean's Award for Early-Career Excellence at George Mason University.
- Summer school teacher Ciudad Real Numerica 2015. Topic: Numerical Methods for Optimal Control Problems.
Ciudad Real, Spain.
- Organizer of Finite Element Circus. March 27-28, 2015.
- Plenary talk on Control of Free Boundary Problems at Chateau Liblice, Czech Republic, September 2014.
- Plenary talk on Optimization and Model Reduction of Time Dependent PDE-Constrained Optimization
Problems. Ascona, Switzerland, September 2013.
- Frontiers in PDE Constrained Optimization (Page 11).
Department of Mathematical Sciences
4400 University Drive, MS: 3F2
Exploratory Hall, room 4201
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Fax: (703) 993-1491
E-mail: hantil [at] gmu.edu