Welcome to my home page
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Director, STEM Accelerator Program
College of Science, GMU
4400 University Drive, MS: 3F2
Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: (703) 993-9787
Fax: (703) 993-1491
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics
University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Maryland (1998).
- Master of Science (Honors) in Mathematics
Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, India (1994).
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honors) in Electrical &
Electronics Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani,
- Director, STEM Accelerator Program (2013 - Current)
- Director, COMPLETE
(Center for Outreach in
Learning and Educational Technology), A Joint Center between the College
of Science and the College of Education and Human Development, George
Mason University (2010 - Current)
- Full Professor (Tenured) Department of Mathematical Sciences, George Mason University (2012-Current)
- Associate Professor (Tenured) Department of Mathematical Sciences,
George Mason University (2007-2012).
- Affiliate Faculty Member, Mathematics Education Center, Graduate
School of Education, George Mason University (2008 - Current).
- Affiliate Faculty Member, School of
Mathematical, Computational, Communication
Science and Engineering (MCCSE), The Nelson
Mandela African Institute of Science and
Technology, Arusha, Tanzania (2011 - Present).
- Associate Professor (Tenured) Department of Mathematics and
Statistics, Texas Tech University (2005-2007).
- Assistant Professor (Tenure-Track)
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Texas Tech University
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate Biomedical
Engineering Program, Texas A&M University. 1994 Research Scientist,
General Electric Company, India (1998-2000).
Research and Teaching Interests:
Mathematics : Numerical Analysis; Numerical Solutions to Partial
Differential Equations; Finite Element Methods: Linear and Non-linear
Problems, the p and the hp versions, Non-conforming elements; Domain
decomposition and numerical algorithms for commercial finite element
codes; Structural Mechanics; Fluid-Structure Interaction; Numerical linear
algebra for advanced scientific and parallel computing; Stability and
Error analysis; Inverse problems.
- Computational Biomechanics
: Membrane mechanics; Constitutive formulations; Inverse finite element
methods and parameter estimation; Fluid-structure interaction of blood
flow through the arteries; Growth and remodeling.
Education : Enhancing learning with new technologies; Pedagogical
Content Knowledge; Mathematical Modeling for Teachers; Multicultural
Education; K-12 Improving Teacher Quality Professional Development
- Educational Outreach: Mathematics
Professional Enrichment and K-12 outreach programs
- Teaching Philosophy Statement "Here is a problem, find the
mathematics to solve it" rather than "Here is the mathematics, go
solve the problem."
MAIL ME :